27 August 2015 by Diane
Used to express plans for the future (that were made at a past time)
SUBJECT + “TO BE” + GOING TO + BASE VERB
* I am going to visit Africa next summer.
* She is going to eat dinner with me tonight.
SUBJECT + WILL + BASE VERB
Used to express a decision made at the moment
· I will wear this dress to the party.
· She’ll call you back in a few hours.
Used to make predictions
· Do you think Brazil will win the World Cup?
Used to offer to do something
· I will take you to the airport.
Used to make requests.
· Will you make a photocopy for me?
Used to make promises.
· I won’t tell anyone your secret.
Used to make threats—first conditional.
· If you tell mom about what I did, I will kill you! (This of course is an exaggerated threat!)